Monday, November 5, 2012

Such a busy weekend!

I checked quite a few things off the list this weekend. The coolest thing was taking a beer making class at Hop City. We arrived promptly at 11am, Groupon in hand, ready to master craft beer brewing. Upon arrival, two small plastic cups were handed to us and we were directed to a keg. Cheers to drinking before noon. The beer was a delicious chocolate lager - rich and creamy, but surprisingly light....and not surprisingly around 7.5% alcohol content (which became quite evident right around an hour into the class).


So after 3 hours, and countless cups of delicious chocolate beer, I feel confident I can make...eh, supervise....eh, volunteer to test (yes, that sounds most plausible) the craft beer brewed by someone else. Close enough. I'm checking it off the list.

And did I mention, I got to check out our instructor's biceps the entire time. Beer: it does a body good.

In addition to this Saturday afternoon well spent, I started my list of things I'm thankful for, started drafting the letter to myself which I'll open in roughly 997 days, and even checked out an additional 2 new restaurants (Parish Market and Green Ginger) - both of which I'd recommend. Parish Market was awesome because it was a cozy little lunch spot, with a very cool atmosphere, southern chic decor, and my meal came with a cookie. Green Ginger had a hip, yet relaxed ambiance complete with awesome live music (John Mayer cover band...yes please). The drinks were okay, but can you really beat a $6 dirty martini? No. After we followed that up with drinks at Top Flr. The bartenders here should really be called cocktail magicians. It was so fun to see our bartender mix up drinks, made with liquors I've never heard of (nor can I pronounce). Loved the scene and loved the drinks. Everyone should definitely experience the Strange Horse at least once in their lifetime.

I find it unnecessary to let you all know what days I wear my retainer, because let's face it...that's just plain gross. But I will let you know that I'm doing the week without soda...starting now. Yikes.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment