Monday, November 12, 2012

Hawks, Falcons, Rappers, Oh My!

Last Friday night, I was lucky enough to be able to take in a nice little NBA game from the comfort of club level seating (Thanks JT). While cheering on the Hawks (I know...I'm a Magic girl through and through but sometimes you don't QUITE have the opportunity to cheer on your team and have to settle for your NEW home team - still getting used to it), they took a moment to give a shout out to some celebs in the building.

Before I mention who I was sharing the same oxygen with, I should also note that the Hawks were playing the Heat. So clearly I'm under the same roof as LBJ, DWade, and Bosh...pretty cool in itself.

So they do this clever little joke about Usher being there, then pan over to one of the employees ushering people to their seats. Clever. But it is Atlanta...one of these days, Usher will actually be at the game. Unfortunately, he wasn't but there was a slew of rappers there (I mean after all the Hawks were playing the Heat). Notable names include: Young Jeezy, 2 Chainz, and TI.

Fun Fact: 2 Chainz marketing person sat in front of us the second half of the game...pretty chill dude. Bears a striking resemblence to Mr. Chainz himself. Except 2 Chainz is legit A GIANT.  You could see him coming from miles away. Another fun fact: T.I. announced the game.

So the Hawks lost, but on the way out we saw 2 other local ATL celebs: Atlanta Falcons wide receivers Roddy White (left) and Julio Jones (right). See below - sorry it's kinda blurry.



So anyways....that was my Friday night. Now I kinda wish "See at least 5 celebs in one night" had been on my list. Darn.

Until next time,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment