Sunday, February 15, 2015

7 in 14: Get it Together

I did the math. And I'm not impressed. Seven blog posts in 2014. Seven. Siete. Sette. Sieben. Sept. What this really translates to is me needing to get back into gear with Number 35.

Enough with the self-hate, 2015 is about getting things done. And before I blast into this year and check off all my list has left, let me now update the world on things I have done the last two-ish months.

Spontaneity took hold of us, and I was lucky enough to accompany my life partner to San Francisco, my first time to The Golden State. After a heated debate, it turns out you cannot in fact go to the "top" of the Golden Gate Bridge. He was right. I'll give you that one. We did, however, walk the entire length of the GGB during our quick trip to Cali. All 3.4 miles of it. It was foggy and dreary and chilly but it was undeniably awe-inspiring.

I think my favorite part of our quick trip was the food. In-n-Out Burger was incredible. We ate at this little place, Blackwood, in Marina and feasted on "Millionaire's Bacon". I'm still having dreams about this sweet and spicy bacon. We also had the most amazing Italian donuts and sticky buns from the Ferry Terminal. I would love to eat my way around that city again.

Speaking of eating, this holiday season consisted eating our way through the South and beyond. Dubbed, our "Tour de Florida", we successfully visited 9 cities in Florida which included seeing our uber preggers friend with suicidal Yorkies (she gave birth the day after our visit - yay Charlie!), play time with the happiest one year old on this planet, a trip to Universal Studios with 2 hour Harry Potter waits, New Years Eve with the Italian Mafia and the worst DJ's in the world, and the best Italian food of my entire life.

During our "Tour de Florida", we took a vacation from our vacation and set sail for 4 days to Key West and Nassau. The highlights of the cruise included eating pizza every day, frozen bevs from Fat Tuesdays and Senor Frogs, having random people point out our lack of engagement/wedding rings every single day, and the ultimate present: Number 81, swimming with dolphins.

I know what you're doing right now. You're rolling your eyes. Seriously? You swam with dolphins? Are you five years old? Basically. This was the coolest experience of my whole life and I don't care who knows it.

I don't know if this next thing was on my list, but it should have been. I joined the 100 Club at Pure Barre Druid Hills. 100 classes may not seem like a lot to some people, and others are like "ummm I can barely get through a class", but I'm extremely proud of this milestone. My BFFE was there to help me celebrate, and of course she brought some bubbly. If you're feeling brave, meet me at the Barre. I'll be the one in the fancy 100 Club sticky socks.

I'll have a good deal more to blog about next week, after I tackle my first half marathon. Wish me luck.

Until next time,
L




No comments:

Post a Comment