Thursday, July 17, 2014

A little update. A lot done.

You'd think I'd be updating this thing every day. How busy can someone who works for their sorority possibly be busy over summer? Ha. Quite busy, actually. Convention, scholarships, fiscal year end - oh my!

But what about after work....you know in your free time? Junior League obligations basically stand still while school's out. Well ladies and gents, I completely bypassed the "savings" stage of number 57 and the life-partner and I committed to purchasing a new home together. Some say it's better than an engagement ring...

This little 4/3 gem of a house in Grant Park completely consumes our spare time. But for being in here for exactly one month, I'd say it's coming together quite nicely.






Some other things that have happened in the past month or two since last posting....I was convinced to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February. I think I was still on a running high from my 2 mile jog earlier in the morning, and distracted by googling fun Disney Princess running outfits. So the girl who has yet to finish a 5k without stopping has agreed to do 13.1 miles in 200 days. Kill me now. Just kidding....my new motto:




Even more fun things in store involving Harry Potter. Last night in the midst of overcast skies (and no rain) my AT&T U-Verse was acting up *gasp, please don't do this again AT&T as I've had nothing but glowing reviews since getting you* so with no internet, AppleTV access, or reality TV, I decided to pop in HP & the Sorcerer's Stone. I decided to space out all the movies instead of wasting 19.6 straight hours on a full on Harry Potter marathon. Honestly, I don't think I could handle that. Should have done the Twilight movie series...I personally don't mind watching Taylor Lautner prance around half naked. DRadcliffe just ain't doing it for me. One down, seven more to go. (My reaction to that statement is quite similar to Harry in the Invisibility Cloak). 


I've also started to tackle my "old movie" challenge. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Seriously, The Philadelphia Story was hilarious. Granted, they're a little too okay with DV, which is never okay. A Streetcar Named Desire was wonderful because Marlon Brando was built like a Greek god, but super hard to sit through. If you don't know why, watch it. Back to a lighter movie....I'd like to recommend Some Like It Hot. Crossdressing has never looked so good. Plus you get a boozey blonde who steals the show, Marilyn <3.

I promise not to take such a long hiatus between posts. My time is running out on my 1001 days and I still have a lot to do. 

Until next time,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment