Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Little Help From My Friends

I've spent the last 10 minutes reading my list over and over again. I have to say, I'm not sure where we go from here.

I have several projects in the works:


  • I'm planning a west coast trip, which will also knock off a state I've never been to. The plan is to zip over to Seattle, Portland, and LA the first week of July. Time to start saving/booking/doing. 
  • I'll be doing the Color Run 5k on April 6th. So I can check the "fun run" off my list. Sadly, I doubt I'll be running it the entire time, so that one will have to wait.
  • I have t-shirts piled up in the corner of my living room. Yes, they are in the shape of quilt squares (Yay I made it that far). No, I still haven't unwrapped my sewing machine from Christmas. 
  • The camping with friends is somewhat planned. If I tell you anymore, I'll have to kill you. 
  • I'll be hosting a housewarming/stock the bar party in June. It's going to feel oh-so-good to play Hostess with the Mostest again. That should also add a couple Pinterest inspired recipes to the ol' list. 

Until these things start happening...I'm going to need some help from my darling friends/family/blog readers/whoever you are. 

I need suggestions for:
  • Random Acts of Kindness
  • Touristy Things to do in Atlanta - I can think of several things, but I want some input from y'all. Best places to eat, best things to do, what things should I NOT miss out on...
  • Inspirational Quotes - obviously it's easy enough for me to use Google, but I'd prefer to get them from people whose lives the quotes actually touched. 
  • If you have a goal you need help with, I'm your girl. Let me know

In other news. I tried out some pretty awesome places in the month of March. Last night I ate at a lovely little Mexican place in East Atlanta near Grant Park, Mezcalito's. I had a delicious ground beef quesadilla. The real star of the show however, was my sweet little JBug - who fell asleep eating his food 2 weeks earlier. The server immediately came to our table and said "Ahhhhh, I remember him! That sleepy little guy who wouldn't let go of his quesadilla!!!" Yes ma'am, that's the one. Note: yes that is green rice, and yes it's delicious. 

I was also lucky enough to zoom down to MIA for a wedding weekend with my man. His good friend from home was marrying one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Seriously - gorgeous. They had the rehearsal dinner at Perricone's which nailed the rustic, yet elegant, yet Miami feel perfectly. The food was yummy. The wine was flowing (as you can see, my wine glass is nearly overflowing). And I woke up with a killer hangover that only Florida sunshine would cure. Well played, Miami. Well played. 

And tonight, I finally get to go to a place I've been dying to try since I moved here. Antico Pizza. An authentic Italian pizza place, complete with wood burning oven and BYOB, it is sure to be simply delicious. And a perfect start to a perfect date night. Yay!

Ok well, feed me with suggestions and maybe I'll feed you with authentic Italian pizza. Fair trade, right? 

Until next time,

L

1 comment:

  1. Ok biffers. My most favorite quote of all time is from Conan O'Brien. He said it on his last show as Tonight Show host.

    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”

    ReplyDelete