Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December- The Time For G.T.D.

As you know by now, we're well into December. Elves are on shelves. ABC Family is annoying us with Christmas movies on repeat (how many times have you watched Home Alone and Elf this month?). Christmas trees are up - P.S. look how cute mine is. People are full of sh...errr...holiday cheer, trying to impress Santa (or their significant other) enough to get that shiny present on Christmas Day.

From December 1st through the 31st it is nonstop for me. You can find me: in the craft aisles at Michael's, purchasing far too many glass ornaments to hand paint and fake wreathes; frantically stocking up on wine for all the family time that is inevitably on it's way; banging down the door of my apartment complex because "I may have 2 or 3 packages arriving today....are they here yet?"; and bee-bopping my way from party to party, wine and pinterest-inspired appetizer in tow. December is the time for GTD...

Getting. Things. Done.

This December also marked a very important day for me. My best friend of 12 years tied the knot. Being the amazing party planner/crafter extraordinaire that I am, I was clearly the top choice for MoH duties. In addition to my normal hustle and bustle of December, I threw myself into helping her plan her big day. Creating centerpieces, tying raffia onto party favors, talking the bride of the ledge when the tiny mason jars showed up late. It was a full time job. But completely worth it.

Did I mention I caught the bouquet? Check that little guy off my list.

Did I also mention that I somehow found time to clean out my closet and donate close to 40lbs of clothes/shoes/bags to the Junior League Thrift Store? Another thing to be checked off.

And in my post-wedding depression (yes, it's a real thing. People get upset that all the wedding planning and events are over...I'm still going through this short phase), I decided to deep clean my apartment. Guess what, I found a letter from July 2010 from when I donated blood, thanking me for me efforts and also telling me I had normal cholesterol and my blood type. So now I know that.....Number 42, check. 

Oh, and it's also 12/12/12....I'm ready to make my wish now. Wait for it. Wait for it. Wait for it......Check.

Like I said, December is for GETTING THINGS DONE.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment