Monday, November 18, 2013

Here Fishy Fishytail

Truth be told, I wasn't entirely sure about the whole aztec print trend sweeping through stores. But this last Thursday, I finally succumbed to purchasing an oversized aztec cardi (partially for charity, and partially because I wanted to be trendy). So Friday morning, I hope up out the bed, turn my swag on, and toss on black leggings, tan boots, and my new cardi...it's Casual Friday, y'all. Only one problem, my hair. Now is the time to cross something off my list, number 83 - part 1. Must. Learn. How. To. Fishtail Braid.

Enter the wonderful, gorgeous, talented Lauren Conrad. This 3 minute video was literally life changing. Granted, I had to watch it twice before giving it a go, but it worked....voila, my first fishtail braid (and said aztec cardigan).

Another thing I'm knocking off the ol' list came to me out of the blue. It's number 75, something to honor my grandparents. Well, it's something to honor my grandmother, who turned 90 a week ago. Talk about impressive. My mom, aunts, and uncles were throwing her a bash to remember and I wanted to be in charge of the "guest book". Little did anyone know that the "guest book" would be interactive and something that my grandma could hang up and look at daily.

If the photo was a little larger, you'd be able to read the paper above the frame. The gist was that people were to "leave their mark" on the frame and sign by it, as a little reminder of all the people my grandma has "touched" with her wonderfulness, even if they can't "put their finger on" what their favorite memory is. This would also be a wonderful idea for weddings (with a larger frame) or family reunions. This picture was taken when only immediate family was there, so it's a little bare. I'd highly recommend a much larger frame if you have more than 50 people attend! I believe it was a 16x20. One thing I will say, spring for the fancy scrapbooking/calligraphy pens that will stand the test of time, and not smudge, or fade, or do anything but look perfect now and forever. With that being said, Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope you love your frame :)

One final thought before I go, don't despair by the fact that Christmas movies are on, or that SBux has now switched to red cups (I already inquired and YES you can still get Pumpkin Spice Latte's), or that some people are decorating for Christmas already *cough cough I'm guilty of it too*. Please, for the love of football, sweater weather, and leaves changing colors: Keep Calm it's [STILL] Fall Y'all. P.S. How cute is my DIY Chalkboard? Gotta love Chalkboard Paint!

Until Next Time,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment