Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Queen of Halloween

Oh hello there. Welcome back! Today's post is in dedication of the greatest holiday around, Halloween. I'm not only saying that because you can take a break from reality, personify someone or something completely out there, and wear the most ridiculously large fake eyelashes ever....but you also get to watch scary movies, stuff your face with candy, and have a justifiable excuse to be creepy.

In my last post I ranted and raved about the glorious time of year, where ghosts, cats, witches, skeletons, and pumpkins are in full effect. Think of this as a continuation. Let's get to it, shall we?

In case you haven't met him yet, this is Freddie. Word on the street, he's the hottest dog around.

Speaking of hot...it was the opposite of hot this last weekend when I volunteered with some other Junior Leaguers at Atlanta Zoo's annual event, Boo at the Zoo. We arrived around 9am, where the temperature outside was hovering right around 40. We were assigned to the "really really good" Candy Station in the back of the zoo near the reptiles *icky creepy crawlies* . Just my luck, there was no sun and it was super windy, but we did have the best candy. So that was a plus. By the time the 2nd shift of volunteers arrived, none of us wanted to leave. My fav costume was the little girl who dressed up as Si from Duck Dynasty....so creative! If you've been living under a rock, please Google and/ or watch an episode. You're welcome in advance. And honestly, it took all I had when little lions came up not to get them to do diamonds with me.

So after that was my Spinarella Halloween showcase. Our routine was awesome, and incredibly creepy. We dressed up as demented dead children throwing temper tantrums. Utterly terrifying for most people in the room. If you want to be creeped out, please click here . I'm jumping rope and on the right side.

Immediately following the Showcase, the good doctor and I headed out to a local bar crawl. Note to self: you're not 22 anymore and cannot do sugary room temperature shots unless you want to be severely hungover in the morning. After about the 3rd bar (where some very drunk youngin' ran into me and broke my Paper Doll costume....RUDE) we decided to do the responsible thing and drop out of the bar crawl. And buy a beer tower of Bud Light instead. Like I said, responsible.

Fast forward a couple days and we arrive to Halloween Eve. Nails painted all scary-like and spooktacular, Kitty costume laid out with my work clothes, cupcakes were made, and bags of candy purchased for our Trick-o-Treaters. My vanilla candy corn cupcakes didn't turn out quite as planned considering the bf ate almost all the candy corn before I got a chance to drop it in the batter. I mean, they still turned out pretty good. Someone even went so far as to say "the best cupcakes ever" but I don't think they've experienced the wonder that is Cami Cakes. I highly recommend.

So now here I sit, writing about my favorite holiday. Still wearing my cat ears. Watching all the gloriousness of ABCFamily and their 13 Days of Halloween programming. Only slightly disappointed because; 1) Hocus Pocus isn't on 2) we didn't get a single knock on our door and 3) there's leftover cupcakes which I will undoubtedly devour at some point this weekend 4) I have to wait 365 days for this holiday to be on a weekend - where I can actually enjoy myself.

One final thing. It's my 10,000th day on Earth. Yay me! Okay, I'm slowly slipping into diabetic shock since I decided to eat all the candy meant for the kiddies. Sorry not sorry.

Until next time,
The Queen of Halloween





No comments:

Post a Comment