Friday, May 3, 2013

April Showers bring Blue Lipstick

So this post was initially designed to somewhat take care of the "Go camping with Friends" item on my list, however that quickly changed when our dear friend decided to propose to his girlfriend on the Saturday we were supposed to go camping..I digress...This post will NOW be about how awesome of a girlfriend I am. Oh, dang. Already covered that in pretty much all of my previous posts. Ok, well let me give this another try.

I love birthdays. I think it's pretty much the best holiday you have all year. One day dedicated to you. Call me narcissistic or selfish, but a day where the world revolves around me....ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY. For me, I just had to make his first birthday with me amazing. It's all downhill from here, baby ;) We went to the cabin as planned, arriving in Blue Ridge, Georgia late Friday night after an excursion to Publix in the 'burbs. We almost decided to skip the cabin and just "staycation" based on the amount of dining options and activities Suburbia offers. I mean, a mini golf place next to a movie theatre next to a Chili's? Heaven. I hear the 2-for-1's practically screaming my name.

Saturday morning started off with a bang. When I finally rolled out of bed, he was cooking me breakfast and asked me to light the fireplace. I turned up the gas and grabbed a lighter. Seconds later I was on my butt across the living room with charred arm hair. I guess I turned the gas up a little too high (this is why my mom refused a gas fireplace - she knows I'm accident prone and would have burnt the house down) and there was a tiny little explosion. Oops. The rest of the weekend I was terrified the house was going to explode.

It literally rained the entire weekend so we didn't get to go hiking on the Appalachian Trail like we planned (would have crossed that off the list). We did venture into "downtown" Blue Ridge which was hustling and bustling with out-of-towners who had been confined to their rented cabin all weekend too. There was an ecclectic mix of shops...antique stores, out of place trendy clothing boutiques, junk shops, a bird and a bear store (who needs a store 100% dedicated to this??? The people of Blue Ridge apparently), and our favorite place, an olive oil company. I will happily promote Blue Ridge Olive Oil Company. They had so many bottle of homemade olive oil and vinegar, and sampling was encourage. Three bottles later (Blood Orange infused  Olive Oil, Fig Vinegar, and one of the most popular Organic Tuscan Herb Olive Oil) we left and headed into an antique shop where we found a lifetime supply of fraternity paddles. My favorites....the SAE and Sigma Chi paddle. God, I miss college. We also found a mini bar and nightstands that would be perfect for our new place, but unfortunately we took my car and the little coupe had no room for them. I'm still crying on the inside.


So now onto something I can actually cross off my list. Blue Lipstick. You read it correctly, blue lipstick. This is obviously something I would say no to (Number 78, Part 1). Any normal person would....

Well the geniuses over at Lipstick Queen have truly struck gold. Not only are they playing up on the fashionable, waspy, summer sailor trends (think navy and white yacht club attire) but its actually a great product. It feels like silk on my lips.

Let's take a trip down memory lane for a second. The time: kindergarden. The place: art class. The activity: mixing paint colors. The blue plays up the natural shade of pink your lips have and gives off a berry tint. Red + blue = purple, or as I like to call it, perfection on your pout. It also makes your smile brighter and complexion look better...hard to tell since I have flawless skin and uber white teeth already.

I tried to order it 3 weeks ago, and it only came back in stock recently. Trust me when I say, this will be a sizzling item for summer. It's sold at Barney's. Get it while it's hot and in stock. Another reason to buy....shipping was free :)

One final thing to make all of you in cyberspace jealous (and hungry). Check out this deliciously amazing Caprese Stuffed Burger we made for dinner on Monday.  I will recommend drizzling the bun with balsamic for more of a Caprese effect. I'm salivating looking at it now. Pinterest has some truly amazing things, this happens to be one of the most amazing I've yet to make. This is the 4th recipe I've made since the start of my blog and I've been thrilled with the result each time. Feel free to follow me. You know you want to.

Until next time,

L





No comments:

Post a Comment